Gas leakage leaves 150 unconscious in Lahore

670

LAHORE: At least 150 people including children and women fell unconscious when ammonia gas leaked in a cold storage facility in the Badami Bagh area of Lahore on Tuesday.

The local administration sealed the cold storage after the incident.

A cylinder went off at warehouse of the cold storage, letting loose ammonia gas that engulfed the entire area.

According to rescue sources, the gas leakage enveloped the surrounding residential areas which left nearly 100 unconscious who were taken to Mayo and Ganga Ram hospitals for treatment.

The hospital sources said condition of the affected persons was out of danger.

Print Friendly
SHARE